Step 1: Create a Shopify Storefront
Follow the Shopify documentation to create your e-commerce site.
Step 2: Create a Private App
- Log into your Shopify Admin console.
- In the lefthand panel, navigate to Apps.
- Near the note about working with a developer on your shop, click Manage private apps.
- Create a new private app:
- Private app name: aACE
- Emergency developer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Store content: No access
- Customer details: Read access
- Orders, transactions and fulfillments: Read and write access
- Products, variants and collections: Read access
- Click Save.
- After the API credentials are generated, note the API Key and Password for use in the next step.
Step 3: Input Credentials into aACE
Install the Integration
Obtain and install the correct integration on your FileMaker server.
Configure the Integration
- Log into aACE and navigate to Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Database Management.
- In the Integrations section, mark the flag for E-Commerce Integration.
- Next to E-Commerce Integration, click Open Settings > Shopify.
- Mark the flag to Enable Shopify.
- Enter additional credentials you noted previously:
- URL of your web store
- API Key
- Click Test.
- Optionally, enter a Minimum Creation Date.
Note: When the “E-Commerce Integration” schedule is enabled, by default all Shopify orders will download into aACE. If you do not want this to occur (e.g. the web store was in operation prior to aACE implementation and only recent orders should be downloaded), then enter a timestamp here — aACE will only download orders created on or after this date.
- Close the E-Commerce Integration Settings window.
- Navigate to Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Automation Schedules.
- Mark the flag for E-Commerce Integration.
- Click Commit Updates.
Gift cards must be handled by Shopify; aACE does not have a gift card management module. To configure aACE for working with gift cards, you must:
- Create a line item code (LIC) for each gift card denomination you offer. This should be set up as part of your line item code mapping for your e-commerce integration.
- Create a separate LIC to use when a customer redeems a gift card. Then enter this LIC at Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Database Management > E-Commerce Integrations: Open Settings > Shopify > Gift Card Redemption Code.