Getting access to aACE requires your system administrator to provide some important details and resources. Use this checklist to make sure everything is in place as you work with your system admin.
- Verify that your computer is up-to-date with FileMaker's minimum certified operating system.
- Verify that you have administrator privileges to install software on your computer.
Note: Your may need to adjust preferences on your Mac to install apps that aren't from the Mac App Store.
- Verify that your computer has the right preferences set to install apps that aren't from the Mac App Store.
- Obtain a FileMaker (FM) installer — This file will load the FM software onto your computer so you can run aACE. When you download the file, take note of where it downloads on your computer so you can run the file and install FileMaker.
- Obtain the exact Organization name for your company's FM license.
- Obtain the License Key for your company's FM license.
Your aACE Account
- Obtain your aACE login credentials —This includes your Account Name and the initial Password. (When you first login, aACE will prompt you to create a personalized password.)
Your aACE Launcher
- Verify whether your organization's network connections are secured properly — If your group uses FileMaker 16 or later, and the network connections are not secure, you may have to start the launcher twice before it connects.
- Discuss how you will obtain the launcher:
- If your system administrator sends the launcher to you, take note of where it downloads on your computer so you can run the file.
- If you need to download the launcher yourself, take note of where you save the file.