While the process is similar throughout aACE, you can receive customer payments from three starting points:
- Start from the order
- Start from the open invoice
- Start from a new receipt
Note: Payments using credit cards will attempt to authorize on saving. If approved, the card will be charged and the authorization code will appear. If the charge is declined, a dialog appears informing you of the decline. For more details, read about credit card authorizations and charges and about processing credit card payments on orders.
Start from the Order
- Navigate to the order you wish to work with.
- In the Payment Due section, click Plus ().
- At the Enter Payment dialog, fill in the payment details and click Apply Payment.
Note: By marking the flag beneath Receipt Notes, you can receive the current payment as a deposit.
Start from the Open Invoice
- Navigate to the invoice you wish to work with.
- At the Receipts tab, click Plus ().
aACE creates a new receipt record, auto-filled with information from the invoice (including the Amount populated based on the invoice's Balance).
- Enter the payment information.
- Click Save
Start from the Receipt
- Navigate to Menu > Accts Receivable > Receipts.
- Click New > Customer Payment.
- At the new receipt record, select the Company.
Open invoices for this company appear in the Invoices section.
- Remove invoices and fill in receipt details, as needed.
- Click Save, then click Post.