This guide explains how to configure settings that streamline your shipping workflows. It is intended for system administrators.
System administrators can configure three settings that help automate shipping-related data entry and workflows:
- Auto-Generate Shipments
- Enable Backorder Management
- Default Delivery Type
In addition to these system preferences, to access automated shipping features, your line item codes must have the Enable Shipping checkbox selected.
This preference tells aACE to automatically create shipments for items when an order is opened. It is only applicable in systems where inventory processes are enabled.
- Navigate from Main Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Shipping.
- In the Order Shipments section, mark the flag to Auto-generate shipments.
Enable Backorder Management
This preference tells aACE to track partial shipments as backorders.
For example, if an order is placed for 10 items, but only 5 are shipped, users will be asked to mark the applicable items as backordered. Then when an incoming shipment with backordered items is received, an outgoing shipment will automatically be generated for those items, in the quantities available.
- Navigate to Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Order Entry.
- In the Sales Orders section, mark the flag to Enable backorder management
Default Delivery Type
This preference applies during order entry. When an order is created, the Delivery Type field will auto-fill with the value you specify.
- Navigate from Main Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Order Entry.
- In the Sales Orders section, set the Default Delivery Type dropdown to either 'Ship Together' or 'Ship Separately'.
Note: During order placement, the user can change the default delivery type, but it cannot be changed after an order has been invoiced.