These preferences allow you to control important automation features. Navigate to Menu > Accounting > Preferences > Data Entry.
Some of the important sections include:
- Date Management — These preferences control dates on posted items such as receipts and disbursements. You can also set preferences for managing multi-office cash transactions and general ledgers.
- Check Printing — These fields display the available templates for check printing, as well as the Signature container that holds the signature file you wish to print on issued checks.
- Inventory — This section includes a drop-down list for selecting your COGS method (i.e. FIFO or LIFO).
- Prevent inter-office COGS transactions — Prohibits one office from being expensed for another office's use of goods (i.e. transferring inventory can't be charged to original office).
- Misc Line Item Codes — This section allows you select the default accounts for:
- Adjustments — The adjustment field in the Receipts module
- Shipping — The account used to accumulate shipping charges you pay
- Deposits — The account for Deposit Liabilities (e.g. collected down payments)
- Oversight Notifications — You can create Notice Setups to notify users in relevant Teams about events that may need review.