aACE features automatic purchasing to help you manage the procurement process. When orders are placed for items you don't carry in inventory, aACE can automatically generate purchase orders and ready them for processing. Your company's policy will dictate how to proceed with auto-generated purchase orders. Check with your system administrator for details.
NOTE: Only system administrators have access to these options. If your workflows require additional preference options, contact aACE Support about adding customized preferences.
- Navigate to System Admin > Preferences.
- In the Order Management section, click Procurement.
- Select the two preferences to activate automation:
- Auto-generate purchase orders - When this preference is active, aACE automatically generates a purchase order for items (non-inventory items) needed to fill an order. Note: The line item code must be classified as a Purchase or Item type. Learn more about line item code types.
- Default Delivery Type - This preference works in conjunction with Auto-generate purchase orders. When Ship Together is selected, aACE inserts the customer's shipping address into the purchase order, instead of using your company's Ship To address.