aACE provides import templates structured for each module that accepts data imports. Use these templates to prepare your data for import. After you download the template, you can populate it, then import the data.
Download the Import Template
These instructions are consistent for each module that accepts data imports. This example uses the Contacts module:
- Navigate from Menu > CRM & Sales > Contacts.
- At the list view, click Actions > Import Contacts.
- Click Step 1. The template downloads to your desktop as a spreadsheet.
When you save the data in your template, make sure the file format is an Excel or FileMaker spreadsheet. This ensures the data mapping will work effectively when you import your records.
Populating the Import Template
You can prepare an import spreadsheet in two ways:
- Copy your data — Paste the info into the aACE template columns. Use this method when your data is still in another software system or when the spreadsheet of your data has columns sequenced different from the template.
- Copy the template column names — Paste the column titles from the aACE template into your source file. Use this method when your data is already sequenced to match the template columns.