The aACE Orders App allows you to view existing orders that are in Open status, review their details, and also create new orders. It is designed for individual users to use on their iPad.
After your system administrator has configured the Orders App on your device, you can open it to review and create orders.
When you open the app, it displays a list of all orders currently in Open status.
Orders App Icons
|Refresh||Refreshes the orders data in the app.|
|Add||Creates a new order record.|
|Actions Menu||Displays a popover with additional settings for the app.|
|Clear||Removes data from the current field or closes the current popover.|
|Delete||Deletes the record.|
|Sort||Displays options for sorting the current list of records.|
|Envelope||Displays the customer's bill-to address, including a link that displays the location in a mapping app.|
|Pin||Adds a new note linked to a record.|
|Add Comment||Displays a popover for entering a new activity or comment.|
|Expand||Enlarges the field as a popover.|
|Gear||Opens the settings popup where you can adjust network connections and sync the app.|
|Return to List||Closes the detail view of an order and returns to the list view.|
|App Launcher||Closes the app and returns to the FileMaker App Launcher.|
Orders App Workflows
Reviewing Open Orders
You can easily check the status of open orders.
- Search, sort, or scroll to locate the desired order.
Note: If the order doesn't appear in the list, tap the Refresh icon to get the latest order info from your aACE system.
- Tap the order title to display a list of order items.
Depending on your tablet's current layout, you can review different details about these items:
- Portrait — Unit prices and order totals. Note: This layout is required to navigate back to the list view or browse through the list of orders.
- Landscape — Unit quantities procured, produced, invoiced, shipped, etc.
- Tap the Details tab to see additional info about the customer's contact person, the Bill To / Ship To information, any currently logged activities or comments, and any notes about the order or customer. Likewise, the Details icon displays a popover with info about the sales rep and customer.
Creating a New Order
- At the orders list view, tap the Plus icon.
- If your system administrator has configured a default customer (e.g. Guest Checkout) for mobile orders, that customer name is automatically entered. Otherwise, tap the Customer field and search for the desired existing customer or tap the Plus icon to create a new contact record for a first-time customer. The order's Delivery Type is automatically set to in-store Pick Up.
- To add items to the order, you can scan item bar codes using your device camera or an attached bar code scanner; you can also tap the Search Item button and enter an item code or description. To adjust quantities (including decimals), tap the current number in the Qty column to access the Quantity Calculator:
- To replace the current number — Enter a number and tap Enter.
- To increase the current number — Tap Plus, then enter the number.
- To reduce the current number — Tap Minus, then enter the number.
- After the order is ready, tap Complete Order. (Note: If the customer decides not to submit the order, tap Cancel.)
The Orders App immediately transfers any new contact data to your aACE system, then attempts to transfer the order. aACE runs standard validations on the order:
- If the order is all correct, it is transferred to aACE and updated to Open status.
- If there are any issues, aACE returns an error message, leaving the order in Pending status in your app.
Note: If you submit an order that includes new contact data, but the order has a validation error and then the customer decides to cancel the order, the contact data will already be in your aACE system. You must manually locate and delete the new contact record.
Troubleshooting and Personalizing the App
If you need to troubleshoot the data or update settings to customize the app for your personal workflows, please refer to the guide for configuring this app.