Note: If you've upgraded from aACE 4, please note that "categories" are now referred to as "line item codes".
To streamline purchasing, you can specify a preferred vendor for each line item code. When you add items to a PO that doesn't have the vendor specified yet, the first LIC that has a preferred vendor will automatically enter that company for the Vendor field.
- Navigate from Menu > Order Setup > Line Item Codes.
- Use the Quick Search bar to locate the desired line item code.
- Navigate to the Vendors tab, then click Edit.
- Click the Search icon () and use the Company Selector dialog to locate and select the desired vendor.
- Mark the flag for Preferred.
Note: When you assign vendors to an LIC, you can also enter vendor-specific product codes, descriptions, unit costs, lead times, etc.
- Click Save.