On an Office record, the Departments tab is where you set up the names of your departments and ç.
Creating a New Department
- Navigate to Internal > Offices.
- In the menu bar, click Edit.
- Enter the department information:
- Department: Enter the full name of the department (e.g. "Accounts Payable").
- Abbr: Enter a short, descriptive abbreviation (e.g. "NY-A/P" could represent New York Office of Accounts Payable).
- Type: Select the appropriate department type. (See below for details.)
- Start Time & End Time: Specify the department's hours of operation.
Note: These settings affect other system logic that calculates completion times for task and job assignments.
- Traffic Manager: Specify the person in charge of managing the traffic for this department. New records will be automatically assigned to this person (see Type list above).
- Default Job: Specify the default job record which will automatically become the assigned job for new records of the related Type.
Note: For in-depth details specific to your workflows, discuss this concept with your aACE specialist.
- Click Save.
Department Type Details
The value list in this field has built-in logic. It determines which designated traffic manager (TM) a record will be automatically assigned. Although records are auto-assigned to the designated TM, you can manually over-ride the assignment during record entry.
The default department types are:
- A/P (Accounts Payable) - The designated TM is auto-assigned to all purchase orders and purchases.
- A/R (Accounts Receivable) - The designated TM is auto-assigned to all invoices.
- FFMT (Fulfillment) - The designated TM is auto-assigned to all job records.
- Sales - The designated TM is auto-assigned to all lead records.
- Shipping - The designated TM is auto-assigned to all shipping records.
To add a new department type, click in the Type field and select Edit. In the Edit Value List dialog, enter the new type and click OK.