System administrators can customize the preferences for streamlining purchase orders and purchases. Navigate to System Admin > Preferences > Procurement, then adjust the Procurement and Purchase Orders settings as needed.
Auto-generate purchase orders — Marking this flag will enable aACE to automatically generate purchase orders for non-inventory items needed to fill an order.
Purchase Order Preferences
- Use order item cost rate — Marking this flag will prompt users to update the cost of purchased products when they enter an order.
- Append auto-generated items to pending POs — Marking this flag adds auto-generated items to pending POs, consolidating product for sales orders into the fewest number of POs.
- Trigger approval for POs over _____ — Marking this flag causes aACE to generate an approval notice to management for purchase orders over the stated amount. The purchasing workflow halts until the approval is given.
Validations are checks and balances you can activate to ensure that the actual purchasing and receiving matches up against related purchase orders. These validation checks include:
- Purchase amount must match PO
- Received quantities must match PO
- Purchase quantity must match received quantity
- Do not purchase more than received
- Do not receive more than ordered
- PO Balance must be zero (before it can close)
Default Delivery Type
When creating a PO, the Delivery Type field is automatically set to the value selected in this preference. This causes shipment logs to auto-generate when Shipping Integration is active. To use integrated shipping, this preference should be set to Ship Together or Ship Separately.
In order to access the integrated shipping features in aACE, the line item code must also be enabled for shipping and the PO must carry the proper delivery type.