Many aACE modules allow you to export data from the current list view, using the menu bar's Actions option. You can also use any aACE report from the Report Pack to export data to an Excel spreadsheet. This method groups the exported data, creating sub-summaries to parallel the data layout from the report.
- Navigate to the desired module, then click Print > Open Report Selector > select report.
Note: Some reports prompt you for additional input (e.g. As-Of dates).
- At the generated report, in the FileMaker menu, click File > Export.
- At the export options dialog, name the file, note where it will be saved, set the file type to Excel Workbooks (.xlsx), then click Save.
- If the dialog appears for setting Excel Options, you can enter the requested info or simply click Continue... to proceed.
- At the dialog to Specify Field Order for Export, select which fields should be included in the exported data.
Note: Because these are all fields that appeared on the report, we recommend clicking Move All.
- In the Group By field, select the desired option.
- Click Export.
Results from Exporting
When you open the Excel spreadsheet, it includes summary information for various groupings:
In contrast, an export of data from the module (in this example, the line item codes) shows only record-specific, non-summarized information: