To prepare your system for using any aACE mobile app, you must complete the following setup tasks:
1. Configure FileMaker Server
The Web Publishing Engine must be enabled via the FileMaker Admin Console. Also, the Web Server must be turned on, with XML enabled. For details about these configurations, please see FileMaker's documentation for server setup.
Take note of the Web Server IP Address, which must be entered into the mobile app settings and which may be different from the Web Publishing Engine IP Address.
2. Install the aACE Mobile File
The aACE Mobile file is installed on your server to handle the data exchange between aACE and all mobile apps. It only needs to be installed once to support all apps released up to that point. (As new apps are released, updates may be required. The existing aACE Mobile file will need to be removed from the server and the new one installed.)
Note: The aACE Mobile file should not be confused with the actual mobile apps, which are deployed to the devices where they will be used.
To install the aACE Mobile file on your server:
- Request the latest version of the aACE Mobile file by emailing aACE Support.
- Download the file to your desktop and unzip it.
- Upload the file to your FileMaker Server, as explained in the FileMaker documentation. Note these details:
- Step 5 instructs you on changing the destination folder — upload the integration file to the “aACE” folder.
- Step 10 instructs you on opening the uploaded file in FileMaker Pro — do this so the file will open automatically. If you do not mark the flag, you can open the file manually by choosing File > Hosts > Show Hosts, then pressing the Network File Path button in the top-right of the window.
- Open the file and follow the prompts to connect it to aACE.
3. Create aACE Users for Mobile Apps
Each mobile app has different user requirements. All mobile apps can be accessed using an aACE team member's login credentials. However some apps are designed for individual users and others work best when shared using a 'device-specific' team member.
aACE Software licensing is per 'named' user. This means a team member cannot be logged on simultaneously to multiple workstations, including mobile apps — if a user logs in to aACE on their desktop, then also logs in to a mobile app, the desktop session will be disconnected.
Access to aACE records in an app is constrained by the privileges and preferences of their user group. For example, a team member who can only view leads assigned to her will have the same limitation in the aACE desktop and in the CRM app.
4. Obtain Your Device(s) and Install Claris FileMaker Go
Most aACE mobile apps are compatible on the iPhone, iPad Mini, and regular iPad. (Non-iOS mobile devices are not supported.) For details, please consult the setup documentation for each specific app.
Each device that will run an aACE app must have FileMaker Go installed. This free app is available in the Apple App Store.
Note: aACE mobile apps can also be used on Mac and PC desktop computers with FileMaker Pro installed.