Please follow our help guide for Installing the FileMaker Client.
- If you are using aACE Software's FileMaker Pro 19 license, set the User Name to "For Use by aACE Software Only".
Configuring FileMaker Pro
- After the installation, open the app and display the Preferences dialog:
- Mac — FileMaker Pro > Preferences
- PC — Edit > Preferences
- Mark the flag to Use advanced tools and click OK.
Note: This enables developer-specific tools such as the Script Debugger and the Data Viewer.
- Click File > Hosts > Show Hosts….
- At the Hosts dialog, next to the Search Hosts field in the upper-left, click the Plus button.
- At the Add Favorite Host dialog, in the Host’s Internet Address field, enter 127.0.0.1.
Note: This displays the available FileMaker databases hosted on your server, enabling quicker access. However, the first time you connect to the “127.0.0.1” host, you will receive a dialog indicating that the connection is not encrypted. Please mark the flag to 'Always permit connection to this host'.
- Click Connect.