This guide explains how to configure your workstation to ensure you can email records from aACE. It is intended for general users.
aACE provides a number of email actions that allow you to open a new draft email in your default email application. If you have not set a default email application on your workstation, then these actions in aACE may fail to generate a draft email.
Note: aACE is not able to open a draft email in browser-based email services, such as Gmail.
Assigning a Default Email Program on a Workstation
First, make sure the desired email app is installed on the workstation. Then you can set it as the default:
- Open the Mail app.
- Click Mail > Preferences > General.
- Click the field for 'Default email reader' and select the desired email app.
Note: You might be prompted to add an email account before you can change this setting in Mail. Alternatively, you may check the preferences of your preferred email application for another way to set your default email app.
PC (Windows 10)
- Navigate from Start > Settings > Apps.
- In the left panel, click Default Apps.
- In the right panel, click the app currently listed under the Email section, then select the desired email app.