This guide explains how to pick inventory using the Pick App on a mobile device. It is intended for basic users.
After your system administrator has configured the Pick App, and depending on how your aACE system has been configured, when the products are ready to pick, the system will create a shipment. Information about these shipments is automatically sent to the Pick App.
Note: If your system administrator has customized the app, some details in this guide may no longer match your system.
When you open the app, a list view for pending shipments displays.
Picking for a Shipment
- Tap the Sync button.
The app refreshes and shows any new Pending shipments with the Tracking Status of Ready to Pick. Note: You can tap the Sync button whenever you want to refresh the shipments in the app.
- Tap a shipment title to review details, including the items to be picked, shipping notes, etc. You can also tap the Additional Info ellipses to review more information about the shipment.
- Tap Start. (Note: If your system administrator has enabled Quick Start mode, tapping the shipment title will start the pick process.)
The Tracking Status is updated to In Progress, which prevents a shipment you are working on from displaying on any other user's device when they request shipments that are Ready to Pick.
- Enter the details as you pick each item, using one of these methods:
- Tap the Scan button, then scan the item barcode. The app searches for the item (i.e. compares scan data to the line item code's Barcode Input, UPC, SKU, and Line Item Code fields) and increments the Qty field by one. (Note: If you scan an item that doesn't match any of the items on the list, the app displays an error message.)
- If the item uses Lot Tracking () or Serial Tracking (), tap the appropriate icon, then scan the item type code, then either enter the quantity in that lot or else scan the specific item's serial number.
- Tap the double angle brackets (>>) next to an item. The app transfers the Expected Qty to the Qty field.
- Tap the Qty field for an item. The app displays a keypad where you can type in the needed quantity.
- When you are finished, tap Done.
The list of shipment records displays again. When you tap Done, the Pick App transfers the shipment info back to aACE and the shipment's Tracking Status is updated:
- If you have shipping integration enabled, the status is set to Ready to Transmit.
- Otherwise, the status is set to Ready to Ship.
Troubleshooting and Customizing the App
If you need to troubleshoot the data or update settings to customize the app for your personal workflows, please refer to the guide for configuring this app.