This guide explains how to configure additional preferences for your integration. It is intended for system administrators.
After completing the initial integration with your payment processor, there are additional preferences you can set.
- Navigate from Main Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Database Management.
- Next to Payment Processing, click the link to Open Settings.
Enable Credit Card Integration
To activate your payment processing integration, mark this flag.
If you want to run tests with credit card processing, contact aACEsoft support to get test credentials and use Test mode. Using Test mode with production credentials will yield an error. Note: If you have already set up an Authorize account and entered production credentials, loading the test credentials will overwrite them. You will need to re-enter the production credentials after testing.
To set up Test mode:
- Navigate from Main Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Database Management > Payment Processing > Open Settings.
- Enter the following settings:
- Enable Authorize.Net Integration: This flag should already be marked.
- Test Mode: Mark this flag.
- Card Entry: Set to Manual Entry.
- At the top of the screen, click Load Test Credentials.
While in Test mode, you can create sales orders using credit card information available from your payment processor. When you click the Make Payment button, it will return a transaction result message that the test was successful.
Global Payment Innovators
For security reasons, the card entry screen in aACE does not allow you to copy and paste card numbers.
- Amex: 3759 8765 4321 004
- Discover: 6011 0009 9013 9424
- MasterCard: 5413 3300 8960 4111
- MasterCard: 5149 6122 2222 2229
- [To test 'decline' workflows use] Visa: 4217 6511 1111 1119
- Expiration Dates — Any future date
- CVV Codes
- Visa — Any three-digit number
- MasterCard — Any three-digit number
- Amex — Any four-digit number
Credit card numbers for testing credit transactions — Authorize online Testing Guide.
Save Card for Future Use
This flag controls whether the system will retain the credit card alias.
- Cleared - Each credit card is considered a one-time use. The credit card alias is not stored in aACE and the card information must be re-entered every time the customer wants to use it.
- Marked - The credit card alias is stored in aACE. It can be selected from a drop-down list on the customer's later orders.
Note: aACE never stores actual credit card numbers. For PCI compliance, your payment processor stores the credit card details on their secure servers, while aACE stores a unique alias representing the card.
Allow Multiple Processors
If you need to support multiple credit card payment processors running simultaneously (e.g. transitioning from one payment processor to another), mark this flag. Also, please contact aACEsoft support to help you set up this feature correctly.
Authorize Card on Order Open
Charge authorizations on credit cards can occur at different times, depending on your system settings. The default timing is to authorize the credit card at time of payment. However, you can also have the card authorized as soon as the order is opened.
If you mark the flag to authorize on order open, aACE will automatically request the amount for authorization when the order changes to Open status. If the authorization is approved, the payment amount will be held, ensuring that funds are available when the charge is captured. Authorizations are good for up to 45 days (depending on the bank and the credit card issuer). Please note that additional transaction fees may be incurred if an authorization is held for more than a few days without being captured.
Marking the Billing Terms flag for Credit Card activates these settings:
- On new orders where the Billing Terms field is set to Credit Card, the Payments section's field for Credit Card is a required field.
- The credit card specified for the order is authorized as soon as the order is opened.
This checks the credit card to verify sufficient funds are available, then places a hold on the credit card equal to the order's grand total. The card is not charged until the receipt is posted.
- The payment processor returns a Transaction ID, locking the amount of the bill until the payment is either canceled or applied.
The Transaction ID can be found on the Order screen by clicking the Information icon in the bottom-left.