This guide explains how to apply a customer's existing credit to a new order. It is intended for general users.
When a customer account is carrying a credit (e.g. from a product return), it is displayed on the Order module in the A/R Balance field as a negative value. The customer may request that amount be applied to another open order:
- Navigate from Main Menu > Accounts Receivable (or Order Management) > Orders.
- Locate the order you want to apply the credit to.
- On the Sales Order tab, next to the Payment Due field, click the Plus () icon.
The Enter Payment screen includes the Credit Available field, showing the amount of credit the customer has.
- Click the Apply () icon or type in the desired amount.
aACE automatically calculates the remaining balance.
- If needed, update the Payment field to reflect additional payment the customer is making.
- Enter a comment in the Receipt Notes field to keep a record of how the payment was made.
- Click Apply Payment.