Before You Start
You must have the following on-hand before you begin installing an integration file:
- The latest version of the integration file. Request this from aACE Software by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The aACE system's "management" password. The management password needs to be set in the integration file for server schedules to interact with any aACE data that is required for the integration. If you do not have this password, request it from aACE Software.
Installing the Integration File
To install any integration file to be used with aACE, follow these steps:
- Download the integration file to your desktop and unzip it.
- Log into aACE. (This prevents any prompts to log into supporting files.)
- Open FileMaker Pro Advanced and select File > Sharing > Upload to FileMaker Server.
- Select 127.0.0.1 and enter the Admin Console login credentials. (Note: The first time you connect to the “127.0.0.1” host, you will receive a dialog indicating that the connection is not encrypted. Please mark the “Alway permit connection to this host” flag and click “Connect”.)
- Click the Change button to select the destination folder you are uploading to. Select the "aACE" sub-folder.
- Click the Browse button, locate and select the extracted installation file, then click Open.
- After the files are ready, click Upload.
- After the upload is complete. When the upload is complete select "Open with FileMaker".
- When the file is open, follow the prompts to connect it to aACE. Depending on the integration, the connection process might take a few minutes. Note: You will be prompted to enter the management password here. This is not a "login" and will therefore not return an error if the incorrect password is entered. This sets the file's password for server schedules to access it; if the password is incorrect then the schedules will not work.
- In aACE, navigate to Menu > System Admin > Preferences > Database Management. The integration should be listed in the Integrations section.
- Next to the integration listing, click Open Settings, then proceed with configuring the integration using the specific set up guide for your integration (e.g. Setting Up WooCommerce, etc).
- Some integrations generate notice setups. After connecting the integration file, set up these notices also to ensure any errors or other notifications are delivered to the appropriate user(s).