Users with appropriate access privileges can reassign the General Ledger account on transactions that have already been posted.
Warning: Use extreme care — this process will affect all records currently displayed in the list.
Batch Processing Reassignment
- Navigate to Menu > Accounting > General Ledger.
- Use the Quick Search bar to display only the transactions you wish to reassign.
- In the menu bar, click Actions > Reassign GL Account for List.
- From the confirmation dialog, click Update.
- From the GL Accounts Selector, locate and select the desired GL account.
- The GL account for each transaction in the list is changed.
- The status for each transaction is changed to Pending.
- The balance of the affected GL accounts is updated.
- At the confirmation dialog, click OK.
Single Record Reassignment
Use the Quick Search bar to locate a specific GL entry, then click that list item's Actions () icon and select Reassign GL Account.
When the automation schedule to update accounting balances runs, it updates the GL account balance.
Force an Account Balance Update
You can force aACE to run an update to the GL account balances: At the General Ledger module, click Actions > Update Account Balances.
Note: The Update Account Balances process is also part of the server schedule routine which runs every minute by default. Because of this, you may see transactions post even while you're working on the reassignments.