Master data is that which is required to complete a transaction. Because one element of master data is often related to another, it is most efficient to follow the order listed below when migrating your data to aACE. Records can be imported or entered by hand. Regardless of the method you choose, aACE has data management tools to make the migration process easier.
- Offices / Departments — Required for Team Member records
- Team Members
- GL Accounts (Chart of Accounts) — Required for Line Item Codes
- Tax Profiles (optional) — Can be linked to Companies
- Rate Cards (optional) — Can be linked to Line Item Codes and Companies
- Companies — Can be linked to Line Item Codes as preferred vendors
- Time Line Item Codes — Do these before Task Groups if you plan to link them to Task Groups
- Task Groups (optional) — Can be linked to Line Item Codes
- Item Line Item Codes — Can be used as Bill of Materials in Assembly Line Item Codes
- Inventoried Item Line Item Codes — Can be used as Bill of Materials in Assembly Line Item Codes
- Assembly Item Line Item Codes — Can be used as Bill of Materials in other Assembly Item Line Item Codes
- Inventoried Assembly Items — Can be used as Bill of Materials in other Assembly Item Line Item Codes
- Purchase Line Item Codes
- Other Line Item Codes
- Contacts — If not done with Company records
Help Guides about Importing
It is important to follow all import instructions closely so that data imports properly.
- Downloading an Import Template
- Preparing a Data File for Importing
- Importing Records
- Mapping Import Fields by Hand
- Import Validation Errors
- Importing and Setting Up Your Chart of Accounts
We recommend backing up your live files prior to any large data import so that you have a file set to return to should something go awry.
Large imports can take a while to process. This might block other users' access to a module during the import. If you are preparing a large data import, be sure to coordinate with other users.
All List Views have batch record updating tools available (via the Actions menu). These tools can update fields and record relationships for large batches of records. Using them can save you time and reduce data entry errors.