At times you may need to shut down and restart your aACE server (e.g. if you need to install updates or if aACE Software support personnel cannot access your server via LogMeIn). If this situation arises, select a convenient time (e.g. when user disruption will be minimal), then use these instructions to ensure your aACE server is restarted safely.
Shutting Down the Server
- Log in to your server's FileMaker Server Admin Console.
- Navigate to the Databases tab.
- At the top of the list of Databases, click on the Database Options chevron and select Close All.
- At the prompt, enter a message to be sent to any users currently signed into your hosted system.
- Wait for the Status indicators for all hosted files to change from blue to red, then to gray.
- Navigate to Configuration > General Settings, then at the Server Information section, click the blue Stop Database Server link.
- Wait for the Admin Console page to display the refreshed Database Server Status screen.
Restarting the Server and Verifying
At this point, it is safe to restart the machine and FileMaker Server will automatically restart.
If any system updates are needed, while the server is offline, you can safely install them. After the updates have completed, restart the machine.
Verifying the Restart
Once the machine has finished restarting, FileMaker Server should automatically start up with all hosted files back online. To verify this, sign into the FileMaker Server Admin Console, navigate to the Databases tab, and confirm that all files have a Status indicator that is blue.