Please follow our help guide for Installing the FileMaker Client.
- If you are using aACE Software's FileMaker Pro 17 license, set the User Name to "For Use by aACE Software Only".
Configuring FileMaker Pro Advanced
- After the installation, open the app and display the Preferences dialog:
- Mac — FileMaker Pro Advanced > Preferences
- PC — Edit > Preferences
- Mark the Use advanced tools flag and click OK. (Note: This grants the ability to use developer-specific tools such as the Script Debugger and the Data Viewer.)
- Quit FileMaker to ensure the change takes effect.
- Re-open FileMaker and click File > Hosts > Show Hosts….
- At the Hosts dialog, next to the "Search Hosts” field in the upper-left corner, click on the Plus button.
- At the “Add Favorite Host” dialog, in the “Host’s Internet Address” field, enter “127.0.0.1”.
Note: This will display the available FileMaker databases hosted on your server, enabling quick access.
- Click Save.