aACE will not delete General Ledger accounts that:
- Carry relationships to other records — You must first remove the GL Account relationships.
- Are still active — You must first deactivate them.
Step 1: Deactivate Unused GL Account Records
- Navigate to Menu > Accounting > GL Accounts.
- Display all GL account records by clicking Show All.
- Order the list by descending account numbers by clicking the Account column header.
Note: Make sure the list is sorted by Account number in descending order. You may need to click the column header more than once. Descending account number order is helpful because Header accounts cannot be deactivated if they have active detail accounts. Since detail accounts typically have higher account numbers than the parent header account, sorting in descending order allows aACE to deactivate the detail accounts before deactivating the respective header account.
- In the menu bar, click Actions > Deactivate GL Accounts in List.
Allow the process to run completely. When it is finished, deactivated accounts appear with a white status indicator:
Step 2: Delete the Deactivated GL Account Records
- Use the Quick Search bar to find all inactive accounts (i.e. set the Status field to Inactive).
- In the menu bar, click Actions > Delete GL Accounts in List.
- At the verification dialog, type "delete", then click Delete.
- At the confirmation dialog, click OK.