This guide explains how to downgrade from one version of FileMaker Pro to an earlier version. It is intended for general users.
FileMaker Pro (FMP) is a powerful tool developed by Claris. Claris continues to make improvements to FMP with ongoing updates. However, software development can be a very complex project. Some updated versions of FMP may introduce problems for your current aACE functionality.
In such situations, your system administrator may instruct you to downgrade to a previous version of FMP.
Downgrade to a Previous Version of FMP
- Coordinate with your system administrator to obtain the needed files:
- FMP installer for the previous version of FileMaker
- Your company's FileMaker license certificate
Note: If you still have the certificate on hand from the initial FMP install, you might not need a new copy of this certificate.
- Uninstall your current version of FMP using the process for your OS:
- Install the previous version of FileMaker.
Note: Skip or defer any prompts to upgrade FMP to the latest version (unless your system administrator has instructed otherwise).
- Start aACE and verify that the functionality problems from the newer version of FMP are no longer affecting your system.