There will be times when you need to issue a credit against an order because of a product / quantity adjustment, a price adjustment, or an order cancellation. For tips and best practices, read the article on order management.
- Locate the order related to the credit / adjustment.
- At the details view, click the Management tab.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Select the invoice where the credit should be applied.
- At the invoice details view, click Actions > Credit/Adjust Invoice, then click Adjust.
aACE creates a Credit / Adjustment invoice, then automatically credits the original line items in total (based on the original invoice).
- Edit the line items to reflect the appropriate credit entry, as needed.
- Click Save and Open.
The adjustment invoice will reflect the amount of the customer credit and will be automatically closed. This credit can now be used against other open invoices (as payment) or it can be refunded to the customer.