Multiple reporting tools are available in most aACE modules. These reports usually focus on the found set currently displayed in the module list view. The Invoices module is used as an example here.
You can access some of the most commonly used reports by clicking Print ():
Additional reports are available by clicking Print > Open Report Selector:
The Report Selector allows you to:
- Click the report name to generate the report. aACE prompts you for any needed info, then displays the data.
- Click the question mark icon across from a report name (if any) to display helpful information about the report.
- Verify the date of your current report pack.
After you generate a report, use the controls in the report header to navigate the report, save it, or print it:
- Navigate through the report by stepping one page at a time with the forward / back arrows, jumping to a specific page by typing in a page number, or 'scrubbing' through the pages with the slider.
- Save the report data as an editable Excel spreadsheet.
- Save the report data as a static PDF file.
- Print the report.
When you save or print the report, make sure the data that will be included is set to "Records being browsed". This ensures that all the information displayed on the report is included in the saved file or the printout.
Out-of-the-Box Reports, Updates, and Custom Reports
aACE Software programmers have built a variety of reports that are included in every aACE system. In addition, report pack updates are distributed to all Maintenance subscribers. These updates may include modifications to previously-released reports, plus newly developed reports.
Custom reports are specific to a customer. Customizing a default report requires Programmer privileges to copy the report into the FileMaker Interface file. Regular aACE users can submit a request for the system administrator to consider a new or customized report (i.e. Print > Send Report Request). If needed, your system administrator may contact your aACE partner for assistance.
Typically custom reports use fields that are only present in that customer's aACE solution. They are not usually applicable to the majority of aACE users. If a customized report is especially useful, it may be added to the aACE development queue to be included in a future report pack update.
Customizing Printouts Sent to Your Customers/Vendors
Certain printouts are related to a transaction you would send to a customer (e.g. sending an order, invoice, or receipt) . Management-level aACE users can edit these print layouts.
Note: aACE Complete customers may find that semi-annual maintenance updates overwrite some aspect of an edited print layout. We recommend keeping precise and thorough notes about your edits to make it easy to recreate them if necessary.