For successfully working with this guide, you should:
- Have FileMaker installed on your computer.
- Verify with your system administrator which version of FileMaker your organization is using.
- Ask your system administrator for the host IP address or domain needed for the Network File Path.
Using Hosted Access in FileMaker 17-18
At times you may not be able to directly access aACE, such as:
- When you don't have access to an aACE launcher
- When your server does not have a security certificate installed
In these kinds of situations, use the following steps to login using hosted access in FileMaker 17 and 18:
Click the Finder, then select Applications and open the FileMaker folder.
Double-click the FileMaker launcher.
In FileMaker, select File > Hosts > Show Hosts… .
On the Launch Center's tab for Hosts, click the Plus icon to add a host.
At the dialog, enter the domain and host name provided by your system administrator.
Note: The usual filename for an aACE 4 solution is "aACE" while an aACE 5 solution is "aACEv5v0".
The aACE launch icon displays in your Hosts dialog.
Double-click the aACE launch icon and continue logging in to aACE.
Note: If your computer displays an error message about verifying the identity of your aACE network file path:
- Mark the flag for “Always permit connection to this host.”
- Click Connect.