Notices are messages delivered to users via your aACE system. They are triggered by an event and they link back to the module and record where a user needs to take action.
Notice Setups Module Layout
Navigate to Menu > System Admin > Notice Setups. At the detail view, you can customize a notice setup using these five sections:
1. Notice Team
In the Setup Info section, you can change the Notice Team (i.e. the group of personnel who will receive the notice when it is triggered). Some notices go to individuals, rather than entire groups.
To assign a new team, click the Team > link and select the new group.
If a notice does not have a Notice Team, or if the team has no one assigned to it, then the notice is automatically marked as void and is not delivered to anyone.
2. Notice Delivery Method
In the Setup Info section, you can change how the notice is delivered. To change how the Notice Team receives the notice, select or de-select the appropriate checkboxes:
- aACE Notice — Only sends the message through the aACE system to aACE users. You can add team members who are not aACE users to the notice team, but they will only receive the notice if they have access to your aACE system.
- Email — Sends the message to both aACE users and non-users via email. A valid email address must be entered in each person's team member profile and your aACE system must be configured for outgoing email.
- SMS Email — Sends the message to both aACE users and non-users via their mobile phones. A valid SMS address must be entered in each person's team member profile and your aACE system must be configured for outgoing email.
Note: To set up a valid SMS email address, you must provide the person's phone number and their carrier's text domain:
- Verizon — email@example.com
- Sprint — firstname.lastname@example.org
- AT&T — email@example.com
3. Notice Completion Method
Selecting the Single User Completion checkbox allows one person in the notice team to mark the notice as complete for the entire Notice Team. If this flag is not marked, then everyone who receives the notice must complete it individually.
4. Notice Text
In the Notice Template section, you can edit the Notice Title and Notice Message. The title is what displays in the aACE My Notices module when the notice is generated. The message is the content of the notice and includes various merge fields (ex: <<OrderID>>) which draw information from other parts of the system.
Note: Standard admin users cannot add additional merge fields to the notice. To customize merge fields, a programmer is needed.
5. Notice Activation
You can activate or deactivate a notice setup. In the Actions drop-down menu, select Activate Notice Setup or Deactivate Notice Setup.
Deactivating a notice setup prevents all notices triggered by the related event. For example, if you deactivate the Order Minimum Margin Warning, no one will be notified when an order exceeds the minimum margin by any amount.