The aACE Mobile file handles the data exchange between aACE and all mobile apps. Therefore, it only needs to be installed once to support all apps released up to that point. Subsequent updates may be required as new apps are released, in which case the existing file will need to be removed from the server and the new one installed. (Note: This file should not be confused with the actual mobile apps, which are deployed to the devices where they will be used.)
To install the aACE Mobile file on your FileMaker server:
- Request the latest version of the aACE Mobile file from aACE Software by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Download the file to your desktop and unzip it.
- Upload the file to your FileMaker Server, as explained in the FileMaker documentation. Note these details:
- Step 5 instructs you on changing the destination folder — upload the integration file to the “aACE” folder.
- Step 10 instructs you on opening the uploaded file in FileMaker Pro — do this so the file will open automatically. If you do not mark the flag, you can open the file manually by choosing File > Hosts > Show Hosts, then pressing the Network File Path button in the top-right of the window.
- Open the file and follow the prompts to connect it to aACE.